As per request from our client, we need to set up the AX Enterprise Portal into DMZ network and provide the public URL to external customers to access.
I have built the EP with WSS 3 in Windows 2008 R2 but got the access issue if using URL while I can access the EP via the IP. Once I access the EP using URL, I am asked to enter username and password. After typing 3 times, I got a blank page. The error never occurs in Windows 2008.
After searching many documents in the internet, I got the solution from Redjockey’s blog (http://spiderwool.blogspot.com/2010/09/access-denied-host-header-sharepoint.html)
that is to add the URL in registry on the IIS server:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
- Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites that are on the local computer, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the IISAdmin service.